Thursday, September 6, 2007

ANATOMY TIP



From time to time I create these anatomy files for my personal reference.
They are tips or bits of information that I have acquired through the years which may not be included in most anatomy books.
Mostly form placement and the response of muscle structures to movement really fascinate me.

I have a ton of figure books from excellent artists, but these details are often overlooked because there are so much more basic
information that needs to be installed for a budding artist.

Some stuff may be irrelevant for most artists, but I like to draw them up so that I can always refresh my anatomy or even correct structural mistakes that I've made in the past.
They also offer me a great gauge of how much more I need to understand concerning the way the human figure functions.

I try not to get bogged down in anatomy jargon since there's more than enough sources that cover that area much better.

Lmk if this stuff is any value to you guys out there... maybe there's a book in the making here.
I have lots of these files in various stages of completion.

No comments: