Monday, June 23, 2008

HEROES CON 2008

Had a great time at HEROES CON, the appeal of the con are the wonderful fans you meet in Charlotte, meeting individuals whose work you admire, catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. Thanks again to con chief Shelton Drum for putting this altogether. I was his guest way back when we were both still wet behind the ears and it's great to see how much the con has grown in a good way!


This one is a sketch in progress of the Swords Man and Black Knight... I'm somewhat biased but that would be a fun comic!

If you were at the con and had a sketch done, feel free to email me a scan and I'll post it on here:


Courtesy of "TiaLessa" at ScoundrelForums


Courtesy of John H.


Courtesy of Rob L.


Courtesy of Karen M.



Courtesy of Michael D.



Courtesy of Ed W.

5 comments:

Craig Zablo said...

Dang! Awesome work, bro. I am so looking forward to your art book! Wish we [Mike, Beatty and I] had made the show.

Rafael Kayanan said...

Thanks Craig - You guys were missed and mentioned often at the show!

Scott Burnley said...

It was great seeing you again at the show. Thanks, too, for all the awesome artwork!

Rafael Kayanan said...

Same here Scott!

Btw, check out Scott's collection on comicart fans!

Unknown said...

Hey Mr. Kayanan. My name's Griffin I am a great admirer of your work! I have similar interests both in Filipino martial arts and in artwork. I was wondering if I could get your email I have a few questions if you would be willing to give some advise. You inspire me Thanks man.