Tuesday, February 12, 2008

PULSE


PULSE KAYANAN INTERVIEW


THE PULSE: You said you were penciling it with ink and adding tonal work … how long does it take you to create each page?

KAYANAN: It takes from a day to a day and a half. I draw the art on a board that is a third smaller than the typical comic art boards and the tonal work is really refreshing because instead of trying to add gradations or textures with line weight or feathering I can accomplish it by using various shades of gray.

More Drizzt art and interview featured at the above link.

2 comments:

Manny Mederos said...

Wow Rafael your work is very inspirational, definately is something great to admire. Love the style. I'll be sure to post your link on my blog so I can visit more often.
~Manny Mederos

Franklin Ayers said...

This is an awesome panel Raf!